- Why you need coverage
Health coverage is something you can't afford to be without. Kaiser Permanente makes it easy for you to get great care and coverage.
- Health care reform - what you should know
Legally, most U.S. residents must have health coverage. If you don't, you may have to pay a tax penalty to the federal government.
- Why choose Kaiser Permanente?
- All our plans meet the standards of health care reform. They offer the same basic services, such as doctor visits, hospital care, prescriptions, and preventive care at no cost.
- You can buy one of our plans from us or through the Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- Health coverage - why you need it
Almost everyone gets sick or hurt, or needs medical care at some point. Health coverage helps you pay for the care you need to get better — like seeing a doctor, staying in a hospital, or taking medication.
Health coverage also covers care that helps you stay healthy.
Preventive care — like mammograms and cholesterol tests — can help catch health problems early, when they're easier to treat.
Without coverage, paying for all this care can be difficult. High medical bills can even wipe out savings.
- You may qualify for federal financial assistance
Do you need help paying for health care? Under health care reform, the federal government will provide federal financial assistance for many people, depending on their income.
- 3 things to know:
- Financial assistance is available for premiums and out-of-pocket expenses.
- If you qualify for assistance, the federal government will pay it directly to us.
- Assistance is available on a sliding scale, based on income and family size.